We are full of joy! Renew Retreat Restored Us
Renew Retreat was an idea born out of the trials of the last year for foster and adoptive parents. Could we hold a gathering to renew our souls? Could we pull this off in the middle of a pandemic? Would anyone come? Will it minister in the way we hope?
YES! Foster and adoptive parents came from Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Washington to connect and find strength in each other. Our hearts were encouraged! Our sponsors were generous!
“Every speaker was so honest, transparent, real, relatable & funny!”
“Being surrounded by people who are walking the same road and understand the struggles in ways other parents can’t was so refreshing.”
“Hearing the amazing stories of all the families and how God is moving in the lives of those fostering and adopting was very powerful.”
“I can not stop thinking and talking about it.”
Wish you had been there?
Renew your soul by listening to some of our most impactful speakers!
- Lisa Qualls interviews three young men who are adult adoptees
- Pastor Johnson delivers a message that none of us will soon forget. (with a little wacky retreat fun at the beginning. Message starts at 12:00 minutes)
- Kimberly Offutt asks the hard question: “Have you taken off your mask yet?”
- Pam Taylor and Jason Tovey share the impact of hard parenting, and how to care for yourself.
- Sonia Martin, mother of 7 boys, uses humor to teach us to change behavior while building connection.